• LuHi Roar
Lutheran High School Student News

THE LUHI ROAR

THE LUHI ROAR

Lutheran High School Student News

THE LUHI ROAR

THE LUHI ROAR

Lutheran High School Student News

THE LUHI ROAR

What You Might Not Know About The LuHi Pod
Stella Bertsch, Writer • May 1, 2024
LuHi Student, Alex Schultz Accepted into the Air Force Academy
Stella Bertsch, Writer • April 12, 2024
LuHi students pose with the children  they were serving on their Mexico mission trip
LuHi Missions Team Takes a Trip to Mexico
Hailey Berge, Yearbook Editor in Chief • April 8, 2024
LuHi Begins to offer Mental Health Services in the Counseling Office.
Lauren Larson, Editor in Chief • April 8, 2024
LuHi’s Seniors Showcase: Frankenstein
LuHi’s Senior's Showcase: Frankenstein
Zissel Krett, Writer • April 8, 2024

Spirits Rising With the Sun

In the early morning, LuHi seniors connect with each other and prepare themselves for the upcoming school year.
Photo by Hailey Berge

As the school year approached, seniors emotionally prepared for their final first day of high school. The excitement buzzed from person to person as they all congregated at the top of the Bluffs hill for a time of connection before the sun rose and the 2023-24 school year started. 

Some of the students had a hard time waking up for this tradition however. Jack Ullyatt, a self-proclaimed chronic oversleeper, said this about how he managed to get to the sunrise event on time: “I made sure to set a lot of alarms so I would get up on time. I almost thought about pulling an all-nighter, but I didn’t.” Lots of the students that attended struggled to compromise on sleep. But the adrenaline of wanting to get together overidded the exhaustion of an early morning. 

While most of the event was a bit cloudy, the students still enjoyed seeing their friends and participating in a classic LuHi tradition. Lauren Larson’s favorite part of the senior sunrise was,” getting coffee with my friends, after watching the sunrise.” Most of the seniors took the opportunity to reunite with their friends that they may not have seen much over the summer. This made the event extra fun by being able to share some experiences from a few previous months. 

It doesn’t seem like it would have needed a lot of effort to organize, however many people including Allie Nagel, our Student Body President, worked very hard alongside staff members at LuHi to ensure the senior sunrise went smoothly. “Mr. Kohlwey gave a really meaningful devotion and the chaperones were gracious enough to supervise so we didn’t have to worry about much.” The most important takeaway of the senior sunrise is always to glorify God in the school year. Having Mr. Kohlwey quote scripture that can be applied to the students specifically is a great way to represent the Christ-centered community at LuHi. 

Overall, the senior sunrise was a blast for those who attended. It ensured a good start to the 2023-24 school year.