• LuHi Roar
Lutheran High School Student News

THE LUHI ROAR

THE LUHI ROAR

Lutheran High School Student News

THE LUHI ROAR

THE LUHI ROAR

Lutheran High School Student News

THE LUHI ROAR

LuHi Student, Alex Schultz Accepted into the Air Force Academy
Stella Bertsch, Writer • April 12, 2024
LuHi students pose with the children  they were serving on their Mexico mission trip
LuHi Missions Team Takes a Trip to Mexico
Hailey Berge, Yearbook Editor in Chief • April 8, 2024
LuHi Begins to offer Mental Health Services in the Counseling Office.
Lauren Larson, Editor in Chief • April 8, 2024
LuHi’s Seniors Showcase: Frankenstein
LuHi’s Senior's Showcase: Frankenstein
Zissel Krett, Writer • April 8, 2024
Rebekah Jacob, who plays Dolly Levi, sings with flourish.
Hello Dolly! is a whirlwind of colors, love, and pure joy.
Lauren Larson, Editor in Chief • March 7, 2024

LuHi students pose with the children they were serving on their Mexico mission trip

Lutheran had three mission teams travel to multiple places around the world in order to spread the word of God through different activities. The Mexico missions team went to Mezquital, Mexico in order to minister through VBS in different areas. They also did a women’s ministry as well. They went to two churches each day to spread the love of God. These volunteers truly showed up in the lives of many other people.

This team raised a bunch of money for the trip, such as bake sales, candy-grams and concessions, but that is not all the preparation that they did. Senior, Maggie Oertli explains what preparation she did before she left on the mission, “I prayed and really focused on how Christ wanted to use me on the trip, but honestly, nothing could’ve prepared me for how special that trip was.” The team that traveled to Mexico was more than just a missions team, they were a community. They were not only serving, they were served by the community around them, which is so special. There were so many experiences that these volunteers got to witness, which really enhanced the experience. “I grew closer in my relationship with Christ. I could go on and on about the things I was able to witness, but God really showed me a new form of generosity on this trip,” Oertli said.

The Mexico mission trip was a life changing experience for everyone involved. Many people were able to learn more about God through the students and volunteers of Lutheran High school, plus everyone involved saw God’s hand in some way during this experience. The team that was able to attend this trip will never forget this trip and came back to renew the children of God because of it.