• LuHi Roar
Lutheran High School Student News

THE LUHI ROAR

THE LUHI ROAR

Lutheran High School Student News

THE LUHI ROAR

THE LUHI ROAR

Lutheran High School Student News

THE LUHI ROAR

LuHi Student, Alex Schultz Accepted into the Air Force Academy
Stella Bertsch, Writer • April 12, 2024
LuHi students pose with the children  they were serving on their Mexico mission trip
LuHi Missions Team Takes a Trip to Mexico
Hailey Berge, Yearbook Editor in Chief • April 8, 2024
LuHi Begins to offer Mental Health Services in the Counseling Office.
Lauren Larson, Editor in Chief • April 8, 2024
LuHi’s Seniors Showcase: Frankenstein
LuHi’s Senior's Showcase: Frankenstein
Zissel Krett, Writer • April 8, 2024
Rebekah Jacob, who plays Dolly Levi, sings with flourish.
Hello Dolly! is a whirlwind of colors, love, and pure joy.
Lauren Larson, Editor in Chief • March 7, 2024

LuHi Theater brings another incredible production to the Pace Center Stage this spring with the vibrant musical Hello Dolly!
Lauren Larson

LuHi’s Spring musical, Hello Dolly! joins its predecessors as an outstanding performance full of beautiful costumes, gorgeous ballads, and energetic choreography that sucks you in. Performed at the PACE Center, LuHi students take to the stage like fish to water. Each student clearly pours their soul into their performance and the result is a cast that shines as brightly as the lights they dance under. 

Leading lady Rebekah Jacob’s performance is hilarious and witty. Jacob’s range is on full display in her performance of Dolly Levi makes you forget that she was ever a princess, drunk, or first lady. Dolly is a clever jack of all trades who makes you laugh, swoon, and cry. Jacob’s senior performance is the pinnacle of her four years on the LuHi stage, and she bids a magnificent farewell in her fourth and final LuHi musical.

Ryan Kleim, in the lead role of Horace Vandergelder, plays a gruff, rigid store owner, who slowly grows and falls in love with Dolly. Kleim’s chemistry with Jacob and performance is a solid foundation for the show, and his character grounds the show in reality among the glamor. Kleim brings an essential balance of character growth and maturity to the rest of the show’s wild chaos. In his final show, Kleim shows his incredible growth as an actor and singer, representing his remarkable dedication and talent.

Ella Smith in the role of Irene Malloy, a beautiful elegant widow, truly shines. Smith’s crystal clear voice is melodious and enchanting and will have an audience sighing dreamily after each lovely note. Another LuHi senior, Smith’s portrayal of Irene is a culmination of her theater experience and her maturity and grace stand out among the cast. 

Sophomore Grayson Graham and junior Kaden Deagle go together like peanut butter and jelly as the dynamic duo of Cornelius Hackl and Barnaby Tucker. The two actors are pure energy together and light up the stage. Their love-sick characters are over the top and Graham and Deagle inspire joy and excitement on the stage that brings Hello Dolly! to life.

In a time when tensions are high within our lives and stress seems overwhelming, LuHi’s Hello Dolly! is a breath of fresh air that allows you to escape into a whimsical world of love, music, and color. This show will have your ribs aching with laughter, and your cheeks glowing with a smile for the whole two hours. The tech and costume crew clearly put their entire hearts into the set, costumes, and props, and without their work, the show would have fallen flat. The ensemble is vibrant and lively and creates a full world within the musical. LuHi Theater continues to live up to all the expectations and has once again, put on a show like no other. 

Hello Dolly! opens Friday, March 8th, at the PACE Center tickets can be found at parkerarts.org. The show runs for two weekends only, so don’t wait and miss your chance to see this incredible show!