• LuHi Roar
Lutheran High School Student News

THE LUHI ROAR

THE LUHI ROAR

Lutheran High School Student News

THE LUHI ROAR

THE LUHI ROAR

Lutheran High School Student News

THE LUHI ROAR

LuHi Student, Alex Schultz Accepted into the Air Force Academy
Stella Bertsch, Writer • April 12, 2024
LuHi students pose with the children  they were serving on their Mexico mission trip
LuHi Missions Team Takes a Trip to Mexico
Hailey Berge, Yearbook Editor in Chief • April 8, 2024
LuHi Begins to offer Mental Health Services in the Counseling Office.
Lauren Larson, Editor in Chief • April 8, 2024
LuHi’s Seniors Showcase: Frankenstein
LuHi’s Senior's Showcase: Frankenstein
Zissel Krett, Writer • April 8, 2024
Rebekah Jacob, who plays Dolly Levi, sings with flourish.
Hello Dolly! is a whirlwind of colors, love, and pure joy.
Lauren Larson, Editor in Chief • March 7, 2024

Keeping the Focus on Christ

How Worship Class puts together their chapels.
Lauren Larson

Every other Friday, when the student body gathers for chapel in the gym, the anticipation for the Worship Class video and message is palpable. Worship Class is known for their student worship, funny videos, and engaging chapels. It’s not uncommon to see the class working on their video throughout the weeks leading up to their chapels, filming in the halls, outside, or even briefly in class. 

How does Worship Class bring these videos to life? It starts in the brainstorming stage, as all creative projects do. Led by Mr. Loesel, the class identifies a goal for the chapel, starting with a Christ-centered message and building everything around it. 

Mr. Loesel said, “The goal is always that we are looking at the message and the gospel first, and then coming up with a (video).” 

Once the message has been decided on, the class goes to work on writing, filming and editing. The class will often break into different teams, collaborating on the all the different tasks that go into making a video. Even if they don’t directly appear in the video, the entire class helps with filming, props, and all the behind the scenes work.

The most important part throughout the process, however, is keeping the focus on God. 

“It’s not about Worship Class, it’s not about who’s singing, it’s not about who’s playing or reading the message- the focus has always got to be on Christ. And if that’s not the case then we are missing the point.” Mr. Loesel said. 

Worship Class is an incredible way to share the Gospel with the student body, and allows the students themselves to grow and deepen their faith as they share with the student body every other Friday. A lot of work goes into each chapel message from the brainstorming to the editing. It’s important to keep the focus on Christ, both for the class as they create the chapel, and also for the students who watch them. 

Worship Class’s next chapel will be Friday, November 10th. Be ready to laugh, listen closely to their message, and above all, praise God.