• LuHi Roar
Lutheran High School Student News

THE LUHI ROAR

THE LUHI ROAR

Lutheran High School Student News

THE LUHI ROAR

THE LUHI ROAR

Lutheran High School Student News

THE LUHI ROAR

LuHi Student, Alex Schultz Accepted into the Air Force Academy
Stella Bertsch, Writer • April 12, 2024
LuHi students pose with the children  they were serving on their Mexico mission trip
LuHi Missions Team Takes a Trip to Mexico
Hailey Berge, Yearbook Editor in Chief • April 8, 2024
LuHi Begins to offer Mental Health Services in the Counseling Office.
Lauren Larson, Editor in Chief • April 8, 2024
LuHi’s Seniors Showcase: Frankenstein
LuHi’s Senior's Showcase: Frankenstein
Zissel Krett, Writer • April 8, 2024
Rebekah Jacob, who plays Dolly Levi, sings with flourish.
Hello Dolly! is a whirlwind of colors, love, and pure joy.
Lauren Larson, Editor in Chief • March 7, 2024

Class of 2024 Wins Lip Sync Battle

Lauren Larson
Seniors throw up their hats while dancing to High School Musical

After long, hard-fought battles, the Lutheran High School class of 2024 finally won the lip sync battle on October 13. These seniors have come close to winning the battle in the past but fell short every time. This large accomplishment helped the senior class earn enough points to win homecoming week.
Winning the lip sync battle and spirit week has always been an intense competition between grades. Juniors have won the week in years past, and there was a close battle between the sophomores and the seniors to win this year’s homecoming week. To win the final event that determines the winner of the entire week, the seniors had to put in a lot of preparation. When talking about the lip sync battle, senior Maura Kirkpatrick said, “The seniors are definitely not guaranteed to win, but they normally win because they know what lip sync is and the little things about how to get more points.” Kirkpatrick has been on the student council since freshman year and has been one of the consistent leaders every year. The seniors had more people participate than ever before, this year, with a large group joining for the final High School Musical number to end their routine. “Sophia (Garcia) and I have been in charge of the class of ‘24 lip sync since sophomore year and to finally win was so sick,” Kirkpatrick said. The students who have always been involved in lip sync cherished this year’s win and hope to have inspired the other grades for next year’s homecoming lip sync battle.
The lip sync battle is a long-standing tradition that every student looks forward to. Whether they are in the crowd, watching for the first time, or dancing in front of the school, every student has a good time. The seniors fought hard for their win during homecoming week and the lip sync battle was the final push that finally secured their victory. Friday, October 13th will always be a day to remember for the class of 2024.