• LuHi Roar
Lutheran High School Student News

THE LUHI ROAR

THE LUHI ROAR

Lutheran High School Student News

THE LUHI ROAR

THE LUHI ROAR

Lutheran High School Student News

THE LUHI ROAR

LuHi Student, Alex Schultz Accepted into the Air Force Academy
Stella Bertsch, Writer • April 12, 2024
LuHi students pose with the children  they were serving on their Mexico mission trip
LuHi Missions Team Takes a Trip to Mexico
Hailey Berge, Yearbook Editor in Chief • April 8, 2024
LuHi Begins to offer Mental Health Services in the Counseling Office.
Lauren Larson, Editor in Chief • April 8, 2024
LuHi’s Seniors Showcase: Frankenstein
LuHi’s Senior's Showcase: Frankenstein
Zissel Krett, Writer • April 8, 2024
Rebekah Jacob, who plays Dolly Levi, sings with flourish.
Hello Dolly! is a whirlwind of colors, love, and pure joy.
Lauren Larson, Editor in Chief • March 7, 2024

LuHi’s Culinary Club is Back

Lauren Larson (12) and Rebekah Saucerman (12) mixing cake batter for pumpkin cake pops.

Do you like baking sweet treats and getting together with friends? Culinary Club might just be for you! 

LuHi’s Culinary Club started on Thursday, October 26, 2023, in the kitchen at 3 o’clock. The Culinary Club consisted of a few students and a couple of the LuHi teachers. Senior girls Rebekah Saucerman and Lauren Larson attended the after school club with public speaking and English teachers Lori Dillon and Judy Musick. This club was made for students who enjoy baking and cooking, and want to work with an experienced associate. The club was on a hiatus after many of its members graduated in previous years, so there was a move to kick start it once again.

Whether they delight in baking by themselves, with their parents or siblings, friends, or other peers; baking is a fun leisurely activity for many. That’s a part of why the club was brought back to LuHi, and welcomes juniors and seniors to join. Mrs. Dillon said, “Culinary Club is once a month, so that students can still do their jobs and sports.”

That’s why it is so great to have been able to start up this club and give students the chance to have a good time in addition to some learning. LuHi’s Culinary Club also holds the role of fundraising. “We do little bake sales to make money,” says Mrs. Dillon. At lunch on Friday, the club sold over 100  pumpkin spice cake pops from their previous baking night. The Culinary Club strives to glorify God, and everyone is so thankful to be involved in a God-loving community while doing what they enjoy.

Baking sweet treats and getting together with friends is definitely something to love. Having God a part of the events we have is such a blessing. LuHi’s Culinary Club is not a huge time commitment, so students are able to commit to other tasks and activities. The club plans on finding new fun and engaging recipes that students and others will appreciate and benefit from.