• LuHi Roar
Lutheran High School Student News

THE LUHI ROAR

THE LUHI ROAR

Lutheran High School Student News

THE LUHI ROAR

THE LUHI ROAR

Lutheran High School Student News

THE LUHI ROAR

Students cheer during Sadies Basketball Games
Preparing for Sadies in the 80’s
Lauren Larson, Editor in Chief • February 27, 2024
Students Worship Together During Refuge
Students Worship Together During Refuge
Hailey Berge, Yearbook Editor in Chief • February 27, 2024
How Did Covid Affect the High School Experience?
Stella Bertsch, Writer • February 23, 2024
LuHi Grows as Phase 3 of “Greater Impact Plan is Announced
LuHi Grows as Phase 3 of “Greater Impact'' Plan is Announced
Ainsley Ullyatt, Writer • February 8, 2024
Student worship at Refuge, August 27 2023
Student Leadership Kicks Off The Semester with Renewal Potluck
Lauren Larson, Editor in Chief • February 2, 2024

LuHi Grows as Phase 3 of “Greater Impact” Plan is Announced

As Lutheran High School becomes a bigger and bigger part of the community, it can seem overwhelming to keep up, especially in regards to expansion. An example of this expansion is going to be Phase 3 of our “Greater Impact” plan for Lutheran High School. Dan Gehrke, the executive director, has eagerly announced the plan for this expansion which includes many student benefits for future LuHi Lions. 

Dan Gehrke is our Executive Director for the school. That title means is he is in charge of improving the school and making sure we are keeping up with the progressing expectations surrounding community and education. Mr. Gehrke says, “My job is to be concerned about the vision and direction of the school.” As a former teacher of Lutheran High School, Mr. Gehrke has been a part of this community for a long time and is committed to keeping up with the growth of this school. 

Phase 3 of our Greater Impact project includes a new practice field for outdoor sports and a baseball/softball field. The GI3 website says having this field will allow, “teams more practice space and earlier practice times, and fans can support baseball and softball teams on home fields instead of off-campus, rented fields.” The project overall is one of the biggest expansion plans to date for LuHi. The startup cost is 5 million dollars in order to just break ground but by the end of construction, 9 million will be the total amount spent. 

There are also plans surrounding Phase 4 of Greater Impact. This includes an additional indoor gym attached to the already existing gym and new edition. The Lutheran High School website says, “The cost estimates for a larger gym had more than doubled during the planning phase, we elected to move forward with the outdoor athletic complex.” With this information it makes sense to move forward with the most attainable goal of an outdoor addition and use the extra time to fine tune plans for the indoor gym. 

Overall, the leaders at our school are very excited about the expansion of LuHi’s body.  Big improvements like these mean that LuHi’s outreach as a Christian school is growing. Being flexible to meet students’ progression allows the school to focus on what they need.